Sunday, March 28, 2010

One of Two for the Day :)

I just read through my last 2 posts and realized how upset and angry I sounded. And yes, I am upset and angry. But I'm also very very hopeful.



I'm hopeful because I have a God that can heal and restore any situation. He took a broken world that He created and loved, and He healed it with the unthinkable -- the death of His only son. When Jesus was resurrected it brought healing, restoration, and reconciliation between all of creation and Himself! He longs to do that in every broken situation on our earth. Whether it's broken by disease or violence or negligence or hatred, God's creation has been tainted by evil but there is hope because Jesus came to this world so that the entire world -- all of His creation -- might be saved.



My marriage is in a broken place. I've seen more good days than bad in this last week, but we're still broken. And Sailorman is not the only culprit. I have allowed resentment, anger, frustration, unforgiveness, and selfishness on my part, creep into our marriage and bring it to this place. I'm a broken person, married to a broken person. But I also know that just as Christ is living in me and working to heal ME, He is also working in my marriage, and in my husband's heart.



So there is hope. I see positive things happening on an almost daily basis. And I'm content in the circumstances I find myself in, while knowing that God is working through those circumstances for the good of those who love him.



I hope that as you read through my next several posts that you're able to pick out phrases from Scripture as I've been trying to breathe them in on a regular basis recently. :) It's amazing how when you sit down and try to recall scripture that you supposedly memorized when you were younger that it's hard to pull them out of thin air, but suddenly when you truly need them the Holy Spirit whispers it in your ear and you find yourself living and breathing those words of comfort, peace, joy, and calm into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment