Sunday, March 28, 2010

Second Post -- A Fun Kid Story

To lighten the mood, let me share a Girl - Boy story.


Both children have seen quite a few sharing videos recently. They had been fighting more than normal over toys so I made it a point to re-enforce my insistance on sharing through VeggieTales, 3-2-1 Penguins, Clifford, and whatever sharing shows happened to come on PBS (which was a surprisingly large number last week!). Both kids seemed to be getting it, and the arguments over toys was dwindling.

Then came supper this evening. I made a fake shrimp scampi (pasta roni plus shrimp). My kids LOVE shrimp. But the Girl eats it faster. They both were eating and Girl goes "Boy, I have NO shrimp! Want to share?" The Boy agreed and handed her a piece of shrimp because he can't tell the Girl that she can't have something he has and likes (in his head at least). I start to say no more, and at that moment the Boy was putting more shrimp in his mouth when Girl grabbed it and goes "I told you to share it with me!!!!"


Obviously, I made her put it back and apologize. To punish me for getting onto her, she refused to eat more food. And now her stomach hurts "soooooooooo bad" because she "needs" pretzels because she wasn't able to eat supper. I guess she'll go to bed with an empty tummy because there's no way I'm giving her pretzels tonight. lol


I love the way her brain works though. And maybe it's time we stop talking about sharing and start talking about respecting other people's belongings. What a fine line to walk for a 3 year old though!

No comments:

Post a Comment